Sunday 15 June 2014

        I am an English Language teacher in secondary school. I teach lower and upper secondary level. My duties and responsibilities are as follows:
        To conduct my teaching and  learning process in class. I have to make sure my as students are engaged and show interest during my lessons. I also use many up-to-date techniques to deliver my lessons, such as using flash cards in a variety of ways, elicitation and the use of modern technology to assist my teaching and learning process  in order to make the students  engage themselves in the lessons and  participants in English Language Teaching.
I attended Teacher’s Training College in Johor Baharu and persued my further studies in National University Malaysia.
During my training, it was more  about buddy support system.  To carry out the buddy support system.  I have to conduct  training for  the teachers on Managing  lessons and to develop classroom routines which ensure the smooth running of the lessons.

        Teachers work in groups and we take turns to observes each other’s  lessons once a month. Before the lesson we will discuss classroom activities both  use then create  peer observation task focusing on our lessons. After the lesson we meet  to discuss the activities carried out together with the teaching aids used  on the students. After reflecting on this, We usually discuss how effective the lesson was and also ways to improve ourselves..

        We discuss other methods that we can use to make lesson become more interesting. Our main objective is to raise the   proficiency level of our students to a higher standard and at the same time, to ensure that the students enjoy the lesson, because it arouse their interest.

        By doing so, I would like to more away from the mundane classroom routines and incorporate the elements of creative and critical thinking skills. This is done by conducting my lessons in a variety of ways. For  instance, using modern ICT, Language Games and many other fun activities in order to arouse students interest in the Language. This adds fun and variety to the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment